If you are like most Americans, you are not getting the weekly recommended amount of exercise. Regular exercise offers many positive benefits, both physical and psychological; however, many people find it a struggle to fit the recommended 150 minutes of moderate exercise into their weekly routine. Whatever your reason — whether it is time, money, or motivation — you can overcome it with the seven research-based tips provided in this article.
Unlike many articles that focus on specific types of exercises you can do or ways to fit exercise into your life, this article offers seven tips to improve your fitness motivation. These tips are based on research about improving your perspective and commitment. From focusing on positive fitness memories to finding a fitness buddy and improving your self-image about your body, the tips in this article will empower you to take control of your fitness.
1. Dwell on a memory about that one time you exercised and actually enjoyed it.
2. Ask a friend to help you.
3. Make an awesome playlist
4. Realize that it’s not just ‘all about genetics’
5. Focus more on the process than any external outcomes
6. You’ve only got so much willpower, so use it wisely
7. Find something about your body that you love
Read the full article here:
7 Research-Backed Ways To Find Your Fitness Motivation